Effective Date / Date of Last Revision: May 6, 2018
Welcome to the CEO Fellows website, www.ceofellows.com, and any related mobile application (collectively "the Site"). The Site is owned and operated by CEO Fellows, LLC. ("CEO Fellows," "we," or "us"). The Site is designed to provide information about leadership and career development, and to connect students with business leaders, visionaries, other students, and mentors (the "Services").
Ownership Rights. You expressly acknowledge and agree that CEO Fellows and/or its content providers and partners own all of the content, trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property related to the Site and Services.
User Registration. To use the Site and Services, you will be required to set up an account with CEO Fellows. During registration, you will be required to provide your name and contact information. You may also submit additional information, such as contact or resume information, other text and photos, to build your user profile. You will be solely responsible for all information you provide to us. You will also be solely responsible for the security of your account credentials and any activity (whether authorized or unauthorized) that takes place through your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breach of security.
You agree not to submit false information to CEO Fellows or anyone else through the Site or Services. By creating an account on the Site, you consent to receive periodic communication from CEO Fellows and other users of the Site, including (without limitation) mentors and mentees.
We do not review the information provided by users of the Site and Services, and therefore cannot provide any warranties regarding the truthfulness, appropriateness or accuracy of such information. We are not responsible for any damages you may incur through your reliance on this information and you disclaim any and all rights relating to the same. By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting content or other information, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your submitted content, information and communications (as applicable) including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the content and communications and grant the license above.
Connections Made Through the Site and Services. The Site and Services are designed to connect students with business leaders, visionaries, students, professors, coaches and mentors. However, you are responsible for deciding if you want to connect with or communicate with other users of the Site and/or Services. CEO Fellows makes no representations or warranties relating to any relationships formed, or advice given or received, through the Site and Services and/or any information or communications shared between users.
Your Obligations to Us. In exchange for use of the Site and/or any Services, you agree to the following:
- You’re at least 13 years of age. The Site and Services are designed for individuals 13 years old or older. We do not collect information from individuals under 13 years old without first obtaining verifiable parental consent.
- You agree not to create false accounts or to provide false information. You represent and warrant that the contact information and account information you provide is truthful at the time you provide it.
- The security of your account is your responsibility. You agree to choose a strong password and keep it private to you. You’re responsible for any and all activity on your account. If you suspect misuse of your account, please contact us immediately.
- From time-to-time we may need to contact you in order to provide important notices about your Site account.
f. When using the Site and/or Services, you will obey all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- You will not engage in any of the following activities:
- Using or submitting any offensive content including, but not limited to, obscene language, obscene references, obscene images, threatening or harassing messages, discriminatory actions, messages, or images, and defamatory statements.
- Creating a username that is offensive or violates anyone else's trade secret, copyright, privacy right, publicity right or other intellectual property right.
- Engaging in activity that is unauthorized advertisement or promotions, including unauthorized solicitation of users of the Site and/or Services.
- Collecting personal information of other users of the Site and/or Services without such user's consent.
- Engaging in activity that compromises the Site and/or Services. Such activity may include, but is not limited to hacking, IP attacks, worms, viruses, spamming, phishing, cancel bots, Trojan horses, and mail bombing or crashing, and transferring any malware to the Site or other users of the Site or Services.
- Allowing unauthorized access, whether intentionally or unintentionally, to the Site and/or Service.
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large data load on the Site system or infrastructure.
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site and/or Services; or
- Bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Site and/or Services, violate or attempt to violate the security or authentication measures of the system, or attempt to prove, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network without proper written authorization from us.
Accessibility. We value all of our users, and it is our goal to provide an excellent online experience for all our users, including our users with disabilities. You understand and accept, however, that some of the features of the Site and/or Services may not be fully accessible because they are provided by third-party platforms, such as social media platforms, instead of us. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of the Site and/or Services, or would like to report an issue you are experiencing, please email us at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITS ON LIABILITY. THE SITE AND SERVICES, AND ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SUITABILITY, SECURITY, CORRECTNESS, ACCESSIBILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT). CEO FELLOWS, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, AND SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY THE "CEO FELLOWS PARTIES") MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING: (A) THE CONTINUED AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, ACCESSIBILITY, RESULTS OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES; (B) THE EXISTENCE (OR ABSENCE) OF ANY VIRUS, WORM, MALWARE, MALICIOUS CODE OR OTHER DISABLING DEVICES OR CODE FROM ANY SOURCES; (C) THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY A PARTY; (D) ANY TECHNICAL FAILURES (INCLUDING HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE FAILURES); (E) LOSS, USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR DATA.
FURTHER, WHILE CEO FELLOWS ENDEAVORS TO ASSIST IN THE CREATION OF POSITIVE MENTOR/MENTEE RELATIONSHIPS, AND CONNECTIONS, CEO FELLOWS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR VALUE OF SUCH RELATIONSHIPS. ANY ACTIONS, INACTION OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY OTHER USER OR THIRD PARTY IS ATTRIBUTABLE ONLY TO THAT USER AND/OR THIRD-PARTY AND NOT TO CEO FELLOWS. MOREOVER CEO FELLOWS CAN NOT, AT ANYTIME, GUARANTEE PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE ADVICE, OR ANY INTERACTION WHATSOEVER, WITH OUR PARTICIPATING CEOS. OUR PARTICIPATING CEOS MAY CHOOSE WITH WHOM, AND WHEN, THEY WANT TO INTERACT WITH OUR PARTICIPANTS, PAID OR OTHERWISE.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE THAT THE CEO FELLOWS PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CEO FELLOWS PARTIES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, FEES AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES), WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT (IF ANY) PAID BY YOU TO CEO FELLOWS FOR THE USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES WITHIN THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE AND SERVICES WHICH FORM THE BASIS OF YOUR CLAIM, OR $100 IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID ANY AMOUNTS TO CEO FELLOWS. IF YOU LIVE IN A STATE THAT DOES NOT ALLOW THE WAIVER OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS OR DAMAGES WAIVERS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, SOME OF THESE PROVISIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU AGREE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY CEO FELLOWS IN WRITING IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST ANY OF THE CEO FELLOWS PARTIES, AND, IN ANY EVENT, YOU AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM NOT BROUGHT WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER IT ARISES (OR SUCH SHORTER PERIOD UNDER APPLICABLE STATUTES OF LIMITATION) SHALL BE WAIVED AND RELEASED.
Third-Party Links. The Site may contain links to other third-party websites. Such third-party websites are maintained by persons or organizations over which CEO Fellows exercises no control. CEO Fellows expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content or results from your use of such third-party websites.
Copyright Complaints. CEO Fellows respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide CEO Fellows' copyright agent with the following information.
· An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
· Description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
· The location on the Site of the material that you claim is infringing;
· Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
· A statement that your claim of infringement is based on a good faith belief; and
· A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information you have provided is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
CEO Fellows' copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consent to Receive Electronic Notifications. Electronic communication is the most effective and timely way to provide the users of the Site and/or Services with any optional or required notifications and disclosures. In some circumstances, however, state and/or federal laws may require us to send you disclosures or communications in paper format unless you have affirmatively consented to receiving electronic notifications only in advance of the notification. Through this Agreement, pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 7001, you hereby affirmatively consent to receive electronic notifications and disclosures from us only (without requiring a paper copy) and you represent that, to date, you have not withdrawn such consent. You have the right to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receive electronic notifications and/or would like to request a paper copies of any electronic notifications you receive, please contact: email@example.com. To receive electronic records, you will need access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer with Internet access and either email software (such as Microsoft Outlook) or access to a web-based electronic mail software platform, such as Gmail, Yahoo or other electronic mail provider.
Website Availability. CEO FELLOWS CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE 100% OF THE TIME BECAUSE PUBLIC NETWORKS, SUCH AS THE INTERNET, OCCASIONALLY EXPERIENCE DISRUPTIONS. ALTHOUGH CEO FELLOWS STRIVES TO PROVIDE THE MOST RELIABLE WEBSITES REASONABLY POSSIBLE, INTERRUPTIONS AND DELAYS IN ACCESSING THE SITE ARE UNAVOIDABLE AND CEO FELLOWS DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
If you have any questions about CEO Fellows, the Site, our products, the Services, the Privacy
Policy, or these Terms and Conditions, you may contact us at:
Effective Date / Date of Last Revision: May 6, 2018
First, here are a few definitions:
● “Site” refers to the CEO Fellows website, www.ceofellows.com, any related mobile application, and all associated features.
● “Profile info” includes some or all of the information that would typically appear on a business card (e.g. name, address, title, employer, email address, phone number), images of you or your business card (if you provide them), your social media handles (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, if you provide them), and time and location information that is processed and shared through the Site. Profile info may also include information about your education history, work history, professional accomplishments, personal interests and other leadership experience.
● “Members” are users who have created accounts (or are in the process of creating an account) on the Site. Members include students or young professionals seeking mentorship (“Fellows”) and the C-level executives and business leaders providing mentorship (“Mentors”).
● “Account info” is the information you provide to us through the Site to create and use your account. Account info does not include the profile info you provide to us for the purpose of sharing with other users of the Site. Account info includes your password, your communications with us, and other information relating to your use of the Site.
● Your “account” is the account created with your account info along with the profile info that you’ve received from other members using the Site.
● “Services” are providing information about leadership and career development, and connecting students with business leaders, visionaries and mentors.
The Site is not designed for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years old, you may not use the Site or create an account without first providing us with written, verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years old without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information and associated account. If you believe we might have any information about a child under 13 years old, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Info we collect
We collect communications between you and our support team when you contact us for support.
We collect information when you use the Site, including if you’re a general visitor to the Site. For example, we collect general web site analytics using Google Analytics of visitors and members to analyze how and when you’re using the Site, understand the way features are used, and keep track of errors. We collect IP-address information for members and visitors using the Site.
How we use your info
The purpose of the Site is to make connections between Fellows, Mentors, Leaders, Professors, and Coaches. As such, our primary use of your info is to provide your profile info, comments, videos, and thoughts to other members in our network to facilitate future developmental activities and the creation of an individual development plan (IDP), and to help our members become better leaders who make a positive impact in society. Our philosophy is that users should widely share, and get feedback on their IDPs, and incorporate this feedback into their profile and IDP. A key goal of our site and corporate mission is to help our members receive candid, unfiltered, objective feedback. Members should not use our site if they do not wish to receive this feedback.
We communicate with you through email and notices on the Site. We may communicate with you through push notifications and text messages. We may periodically email you regarding news and feature updates relating to the Site. You may elect to opt-out of all marketing and promotional communications, but we reserve the right to contact you regarding your account, action items, introductions, and security issues.
Your choices and obligations
You have a right to (1) access, modify, correct, or delete your account info, (2) change or remove your profile info, and (3) close your account. If you close your account, we’ll permanently delete all data from your account within one business day, and we’ll remove all personally identifiable information from our logs within one week. Please note, however, that we will not delete or remove the profile info or data that was previously provided to other members; your profile info will remain in their accounts.
Note that when you choose to share your profile info and account info with another member, we cannot control how that person may choose to use your profile info and account info outside of the Site.
Notice to U.K. and Europe Economic Area Residents
We are not currently offering Services to residents outside of the United States. If you are a resident of a country outside the United States and are interested in the Site, please contact us below to inquire about when and/or how are Services may be obtained.
Security of your info
We have implemented security safeguards designed to protect your information (including account info and profile info) from accidental loss, as well as from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us will be stored on one or more servers that are protected by firewalls. Any payment transactions and payment card information that we handle will be encrypted. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for selecting a secure password and maintaining the secrecy of your login credentials. We urge you to use anti-virus software and other available security technology. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your profile info or account info transmitted to or through the Site.
For that reason, we cannot and do not make any representations or warranties regarding the security of the Site or the information you provide through the Site.
We have found electronic communication is the most effective and timely way to provide our members and users of the Site with any optional or required notifications and disclosures. In some circumstances, however, state and/or federal laws may require us to send you disclosures or communications in paper format unless you have affirmatively consented to receiving electronic notifications only in advance of the notification. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 7001, you hereby affirmatively consent to receive electronic notifications and disclosures only from us (without requiring a paper copy) and you represent that, to date, you have not withdrawn such consent. You have the right to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receive electronic notifications and/or would like to request a paper copies of any electronic notifications you receive, send an email to email@example.com]. To receive electronic records, you will need access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer with Internet access and either email software (such as Microsoft Outlook) or access to a web-based electronic mail software platform, such as Gmail, Yahoo or other electronic mail provider.
● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed language for the notice and consent for registration on the Site.
By providing the on-line services to you, CEO Fellows will collect and store your name, address, email address, phone number, other personal information that you provide and website usage history ("Personal Data”).
By pressing the [accept] button [coordinate with the title of the submission block on the registration page] when registering on the Site, you provide the following representations:
· You confirm that you are over 13 years of age.
· You confirm that you are over the age of 18 or that you are a parent or legal guardian of the user under the age of 18.
· You consent to us contacting you by email from time to time to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you.